Elements of Effective Practices for Mentoring, 3rd Edition
- Register your agency's mentoring program with the National Mentoring Center to increase visibility with prospective volunteers
- Access the National Mentoring Center Search Engine for additional mentoring resources
Mentoring Background Clearance Resources and Options
- Contact your local National Mentoring Partnership Affiliate for guidance and direction
- Organizations in California may access Live Scan via the California Department of Justice
- Organizations in Ohio may access Web Check to locate Web Check Locations in Ohio
- www.ChristianBackgroundChecks.Com provides Faith Based Organizations the ability to implement an instant, paperless criminal background screening process with a cost free volunteer option. No set up fees or monthly minimums. To try this dedicated, faith based program for FREE or to get started with an account today, go to: www.ChristianBackgroundChecks.Com or contact your dedicated Employment Consultant, Dan Voss, at 1-800-431-8315.
- LexisNexis Volunteer Screening gives some of the nation's leading non-profit agencies the ability to conduct comprehensive—and affordable—background screening services before employees or volunteers are allowed to work with children or other vulnerable populations.
- National Background Data: To learn about the companies that provide screening through our Safety 1st Program, click on Safety1st Program Providers to complete and submit an information request form. You will receive an email containing a complete list of providers
- Other options and resources include collaborations with your local school district, law enforcement agency, or local church
- Non-Profit Risk Management Center: Frequently Asked Questions regarding background checks and resources
Nazarene Safe: Guidelines for Establishing Policies and Procedures for Protecting Minors and Preventing Sexual Misconduct
MENTOR's Advocacy Network
- For more than 20 years, MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR) has been the lead champion for youth mentoring in the United States. MENTOR helps children by providing a public voice, developing and delivering resources to mentoring programs nationwide and promoting quality for mentoring through standards, cutting-edge research and state of the art tools.
Be A Mentor
Christian Mentoring Institute
The Center for the Advancement of Mentoring (TCAM) http://www.advancementoring.org/resources Funded by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), TCAM provides technical assistance and training to OJJDP-funded youth mentoring programs, which are working to transform the lives of at-risk youth
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence (2)
- Evaluation (2)
- Foster Care (17)
- Gang Prevention and Intervention (1)
- Grant Management (4)
- Juvenile Justice and Re-entry (8)
- Match Closure (1)
- Match Support (9)
- Mentor Recruitment and Screening (10)
- Mentor Training (4)
- Program Design & Management (16)
- Program Outcomes (4)
- Program Sustainability (9)
Faith-based Mentoring and More
Stand By Me: The Risks and Rewards of mentoring Today’s youth (Rhodes, Jean E.)
© 2016 Nazarene Compassionate Ministries Inc.
Registered 501(c)(3) non profit organization.